FACT: Stuffing anything into a pepper makes it automatically 10 times more delicious! Everyone knows that. So why not take a couple bland foods like quinoa and ground turkey, add a bunch of delicious flavors too them, and stuff them into a pepper! You know the result is bound to be fabulous! Now, even though you can technically stuff anything into a pepper, I'm going to share with you a delicious mixture of quinoa, turkey, tomato sauce, and veggies that will blow your mind!
- 1 package lean ground turkey
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Combine 2 cups of liquid and the quinoa on the stove. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Cook turkey in a large pan and remove from pan.
- In the same pan, begin to saute onions, garlic, mushrooms, and spinach. Add all spices and seasonings.
- After about 5 minutes, add all of the quinoa and turkey into the pan and add the tomato sauce.
- Fill the peppers with your filling and top with the cheese.
- Bake peppers in the oven at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Now, doesn't that sound easy?! It so delicious, trust me. Feel free to add any veggies or anything else to this filling. Get creative! The kitchen isn't always a place for strict rules. Make your own masterpiece that you can be proud to serve! :)